Edo State University, Uzairue in Edo State (Nigeria), is now accepting applications for its Postgraduate Programs. The Academic Session 2023/2024 will begin on September 1, 2019. The university offers many programs that lead to Postgraduate Diplomas, Master’s Degrees, Master of Philosophy, Master of Science, Master of Arts, Master of Business Administration, Master of Philosophy, Master of Engineering, Master of Science, Master of Mathematics, Master of Philosophy, Master of Education (M.Phil. The university offers a wide range of programs leading to Postgraduate Diplomas (PGD), and Master Degrees (M.Eng, M.Sc., MPA and MBA), Master of Philosophy degrees (M.Phil.
Edo State University Postgraduate Application Form 2023/2024
Edo State University Postgraduate courses
- PGD, MSc/MA. Ph.D. in Accounting, Economics History, and International Studies.
- Biochemistry and Political Science, MSc.
- PGD, MPA, and Ph.D. in Public Administration
- MBA in Business Administration
- PGD, M.Eng. M.Phil., and Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- PGD, MSc, MPhil, and Ph.D. in Computer Science and Business Administration. Mass Communication and Medical Laboratory Science (Options include Chemical Pathology, Haematology, Blood Transfusion Science, and Histopathology. Medical Microbiology and Immunochemistry.
Edo State University General Admission Requirements for Postgraduate Studies
All Postgraduate programs require that candidates have five (5) credits at SSCE, NABTEB, or equivalent including English Language and Mathematics at no more than two sessions. Admission to all Postgraduate Programs requires a NYSC certificate.
- Postgraduate Diploma program (PGD)
- Consideration may be given to first-degree or third-class honors in the relevant field.
- Candidates with HNDs in relevant fields can be considered.
- Any relevant professional qualification
- Master’s Degree Program (M.Eng., M.Sc. MA, MPA MBA)
- A minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Divison) from an accredited University.
- Credit-level Diploma holders with relevant Postgraduate Diplomas
- The above qualifications can be substituted by any other relevant professional qualification that is deemed equivalent.
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil. )
- The candidate must hold a master’s degree with a weighted score of at least 50% (CGPA not less than 3.0 out of 5).
- Ph.D. program
- Master’s Degree with a weighted score of 60% or above (CGPA not less than 4.0)
- Candidates who have not achieved 60% (>=55% or CGPA not less than 3.5) in their prerequisite courses or from an institution other than the University of Cambridge may be required by the university to enroll in a Ph.D. program. The Department can prescribe courses to candidates who are considered unqualified for their area of specialization.
- Along with the application form, Ph.D. candidates should also submit a concept/research proposal of no more than 450 characters.
EDSU Postgraduate Programs Duration
Postgraduate Diploma Program:
- Minimum of two (2) and maximum of four semesters.
- The length of the program varies and is determined by the Senate of the University.
- Minimum of four (4) or three (3) semesters, and a maximum of six (6).
Master of Philosophy:
- Minimum of (2) semesters, maximum of (4) semesters
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
- Minimum of six (6) and maximum of ten (10).
How to apply for Edo State University’s Postgraduate Admission Form
Prospective students can apply online by visiting the Edo State University Uzairue website: www.edouniversity.edu.ng. The application fee of twenty-five thousand naira (N25,000) must accompany each application.
The deadline for applications is the 30th of September, 2023. For further inquiries, please contact The Postgraduate School, Edo State University, Uzairue, Edo State, Nigeria, via email at [email protected], or call 09025412171, 08064888518, and 07033670802. You can also visit the university’s website at www.edouniversity.edu.ng.